9/24/11

Frankenstein musical dance theater

I was so nervous about this project. I was a last-minute addition, recommended by the costumer. At the time, I was primarily a fashion and beauty artist working entirely out-of-box with a very short window to apply makeup effects to half a body. There wasn't time to order a more flexible product for the demands of the dance and honestly, I was a bit scared. But like all things that make me a little nervous, I decided to go into it, study like hell beforehand, do my best, make it work, and continue studying it until it wasn't scary anymore for the future.

I have added to my kit and streamlined my technique based on what I learned and am now even more prepared than I was before, which is saying something as other artists usually have to turn to me backstage for any crazy item that they might have forgotten. I have also been spending the last year really studying more effects work and growing more confident with it. My kit is now larger and more back-breaking than ever, which means I can get both work and a workout at the same time.


There was a wonderful crew for this project, and the dancer was not only extremely talented, but very patient with the fact that I was constantly chasing him to tack down, snip, and repaint his scar-work. They were good sports all around, it was a wonderful trial-by-fire, and the concept of the piece is hauntingly beautiful. Here are the results.


For more info on the project, including cast and crew and updates, add us on facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Frankenstein/153589234694928



No comments:

Post a Comment